Friday, June 5, 2009

The Beginning of an Adventure...

Hello Everyone!!!

This will be my first blog post roughly two days prior to my departure for England. Although I will not have too much to write in this particular blog, I wanted to let everyone know I will probably throw grammar and special creative writing out the window while creating such blogs. I might get creative at times, but I do not want to spend too much time proof reading my blogs - and you all know I would if I allowed it!

For those of you that do not know, I was actually planning on being sent out on behalf of Camp Adventure in July. At about 72 hours before my current departure, I received a phone call telling me that the contracts with the English Immersion camp fell through. Camp Adventure administrative staff said they had an opening in England at a Royal Air Force Base. I had roughly two hours to decide to leave in June instead of July - my biggest concern was logistics and wrapping everything up at home before leaving. I decided I might as well take this opportunity, I'm all about those, and have the adventure of a LIFE TIME!!

For the last two days I have been trying to get everyone, including myself, mentally and physically prepared for me leaving for approximately 3 months. This has been a huge growing opportunity and I look forward to many, many more. I feel as though I will have gained a huge set of skils and learned a lot about myself and when I return one day before classes start at Iowa State University, I will be a much different indivdual.

CHEERIO!!! - haha, that is the best I can do to try and prepare you for what I am about to experience. (Thank you Jennifer Garret for attempting to part with me in my new cultural language.)

- Jamison Arends

No comments:

Post a Comment