Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's all coming to a close...

Last Weekend:

Friday night a friend from work decided to take us to a dance class in Cambridge. The class in discussion, SALSA DANCING. This was a two hour class followed by two hours of dancing. It was all fun in games until Krista got taken by a creepy!! This man apparently is really good at Salsa dancing, but decided to make Krista feel very uncomfortable. He went from female to female doing some risque dances and we sat in the corner and made fun of him - in a nice way of course. It wasn't until he did a fairy jump that we burst out laughing! Hey, we tried to dance the rumba, mambo, and some back step, twisty, in out style thing. I'm not quite sure what we did, but if anyone wants to learn, I teach!! I accept Mastercard and Visa. Overall it was quite a nice time and was the beginning of my understanding that the summer was truly coming to an end. We bonded that night with two of the Youth Center staff members. Thank you Mr. Felix and Ms. Lisa.

SATURDAY we all got up really, really early!! I'm talking 5AM early. We hopped on a train and began our adventure toward England's Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, CADBURY WORLD!!! Let me tell everyone....I REALLY LIKE CANDY!!! Walking into a very purple building with lights and lots of people, we walked towards the entrance to a guy dressed with a very purple tie! From his desk, he handed us two different kinds of Cadbury chocolates! This was basically the thing that made me feel as if it were one of the best days of my life - jk. We got to add our own fix-ins to homemade melted chocolate and also had a tour about the company, how it was formed, you know...all that historical stuff!! We ended our tour at the largest Cadbury chocolate shoppe in the WORLD!!! It was pretty sweet and everything we cheap. I bought A LOT of chocolate to bring back and share with friends.

SUNDAY our last day in London. We decided to have a picnic with some M and S fancy meal food at Kensington Gardens...the sight of Kensington Palace - home to the late Princess Diana! After this we went and walked around Harrods – the LARGEST department store in the U.K. I saw some extremely expensive items like a mini car costing about 20,000 pounds!!! It was absolutely ridiculous!!! Oh well, maybe someday I will have enough money to shop there…even if I did – I think I will stay clear of places where the workers put their noses up in the air when you walk by…no thanks.

Well – this will probably be my last post before I leave for home. I am saddened that my blog did not turn out exactly like I would have hoped! However, I have tried to capture just a bit of my memory. I will gladly share my experience with anyone who would like to hear it!! I MISS YOU ALL VERY MUCH – but I am also going to miss these kids. They have truly changed my life in more ways than one. Before I end this post, I ask that everyone take a step back and look at the world through the eyes of a child – you will find a world undiscovered and full of happiness.

Cheers!

Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment